What Shenley Leisure Centre is doing –
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning of high contact surfaces, i.e. door handles and handrails.
- Following all Public Health and local and national Government advice and guidance.
- Issued best practice guidance to all staff.
- Keeping you up to date via Facebook and make sure we have your email and mobile number so we can communicate with you.
The health and wellbeing benefits of keeping active significantly outweigh any risk unless you are advised otherwise by a health professional.
For more information – https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
With the outbreak of Coronavirus should we still be going to the gym or an exercise class?
For most of us the answer is absolutely yes!
Here’s why –
- Physical activity and exercise can help boost immune function.
- Exercise lowers stress levels.
- Physical activity is good for metabolic health.
- Exercise maintains mental health and wellness
What you can do to protect yourself and keep active:
- Wash your hands with hot soapy water when you arrive & before you leave any building
- Practising good hand hygiene is the best way to prevent yourself from contracting Coronavirus at the gym. Keep your hands away from your mouth, eyes and nose.
- Using gym and activity equipment is similar to other environments with high contact surfaces, so cleanliness is the highest priority.
- Sweat is definitely not infectious but you should clean up after yourself as usual. In the gym, don’t use the same towel to wipe the equipment and your face! Use the paper towels or wipes provided.
- Keep hydrated – fill up at one of our water fountains.
- If you are unwell or have been instructed to self-isolate you should not come to the centre.